The Moon is our Oldest Temple.
Every month, the moon travels closest to the earth and showers us with light and her strong ‘yang’ energy. It is a great time to pause and reflect, release old layers, beliefs or relationships that no longer serve you, and make space for the new. Taking time every month to reset around the full moon can be very healing. When we take the time to create a full moon ritual, we take time to cleanse both our physical and energetic bodies. It is normal for emotions to arise around the full moon, and our full moon ritual will do the trick on making you feel grounded.
Full Moon Bath Ritual
1. Cleanse your Space. Smudge your space with palo santo to clear the energy of your bathroom.
2. Set Up a Sacred Space. Set up your space by including anything that makes you feel calm. We love filling our space with soothing candles, crystals, and plants. Adding a rose quartz crystal will help facilitate self-love into your bath.
3. Draw a Warm Bath and Add Salts. We suggest our Bye Bye Stress Detox Soak for an extra relaxing full moon bath ritual. It's full of lavender, frankincense, bergamot, chia seed oil, and red beet powder that will calm your mind, body, and soul.
4. Set Intentions to Release. Write a list of elements, situations, habits, or behaviors you wish to let go. Simply ask yourself, “What is ready to be released this moon cycle?”
5. Meditate and Connect to Full Moon Energy. Imagine your crown opening up like a flower, and the light of the Full Moon streaming down and through it, filling up your body with healing white light. Go within yourself and ask "What is ready to be released during this full moon cycle?" Use this time to release any relationships, thoughts or obligations that feel heavy. The warm water will help wash any feelings away.
6. Visualize. While soaking, visualize the new actions you are going to take.
7. Give Gratitude. Say thank to our Moon for all of the energy and light it provides. For being the brightest and largest object in our night sky, creating tides, and helping moderate our climate. Say thank you to yourself for taking this time to reflect and let go of those things weighing you down.
If you don't have a bath...take an old fashion moonbeam bath! Bathe in the moonlight in either the ocean or fresh water, this is a wonderful way to connect yourself with nature and the energy of the full moon.